Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 1: Stormy Sky


Today is my first picture for this blog. My husband got a new camera for us, Olympus XZ-1, and i was trying out the art filters in it. I was totally captured by the view outside my balcony in our new apartment we just recently moved into. So i tried out this art filter in the camera called the 'dramatic' effect and when i saw the preview pic in my view finder i was blown away. And the best part was i didnt even have to edit this picture after taking it, which is why i like it so much. This was around rush hour so you can see some traffic on the road.

When i start my day i love looking out from my balcony, with a cup of tea in my hand, just looking at the texture of the sky and the clouds and how they embrace the sun....its so calm...so serene...so beautiful. But today when i took this picture i saw the other side of it all...it reminds me of a disaster, a catastrophe coming through...it looks like a weary sky that cannot hold onto its purity any more...it looks like a sky begging to go onto the other side where it knows lies its' heaven...all behind that building....this to me is a reminder of what our world could look like if we don't care for it.


Well hope you enjoy this photo :)

2 comments: